Thank you very much for everything - this paper is excellent. Very much appreciate all your extra effort. Thanks again for another job well done!
Short Writing Assignment
Length: 3-5 pages (double spaced, 12-point font)
Please use Chicago or MLA.
Due Saturday April 11th at 10 am
1. Choose one of the following three quotes and explain, analyze, and evaluate, making use of the relevant readings related to gender, race, and violence (assigned for weeks 5 through 12). What did the speaker mean? Why might the statement have been shocking? How could he/she mean it? Is there a convincing logic to the statement?
a. Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme: “Every girl ought to have a daddy like Charlie. Should, deserves to have a daddy like Charlie.”
See Squeaky interviewed in Manson (1973) at 1:02:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQQyBIHfr8g
b. Leslie Van Houten: “But by no means, by no means were we ever prejudiced or disliked the black, you know. It’s not that way at all. If anything, it’s we have love for them, and we’re giving them their turn, which they deserve.”
See Leslie Van Houten Interviewed by her first lawyer, Marvin Part: https://www.cielodrive.com/updates/leslie-van-houten-interviewed-by-marvin-part/
c. Charles Manson: “But I know this: that in your hearts and your own souls, you are as much responsible for the Vietnam war as I am for killing these people.”
See Charles Manson trial testimony:
2. Commune, cult, commando, cell, cooperative, and/or circle: What was the Family, and why does it matter? This is an occasion to evaluate/complicate/deconstruct Bugliosi’s claims about the command hierarchy and Manson’s authority in the Family. Be sure to define your terms as well as analyze the way others have used these terms/related concepts in their analyses of the Manson Family. Use readings from weeks 5 – 12.
3. Religion was a key element of Manson’s “Helter Skelter” theory—at least according to Vincent Bugliosi. Evaluate/complicate/deconstruct Bugliosi’s claims on the basis of some of the relevant readings assigned during weeks 5 – 9. In other words, this is an occasion to make an argument about how religion should be/have been seen to have functioned in the Manson Family.
4. What questions and/or what revelations about the Manson case does this photo generate? Using this photograph as a starting point and making use of relevant readings assigned during weeks 5 – 12, analyze the Tate-LaBianca trial. You may choose to focus on a particular element, e.g. spectacle, theater, performance, media, politics, etc. (PHOTO ATTACHED ON BOTTOM)
5. What general assumptions about law and legality were drawn in/used to frame the Manson Family and the Manson Murders at the time of the initial trial and, in turn, how are those assumptions tested or troubled in their application to these specific crimes? Use readings from weeks 5 – 12.
I have included most of the readings from weeks 5-12 that you will need to include in the essay. There should be more than enough if you need more message me. Please site them and make great points while touching on the entire question. Thank you
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more