They have a magnificent team. These people are always kind and willing to listen to your concerns or issues. Better yet, your assignment is always ready before the time, they usually send you a draft to double-check before they finalize your paper.
Scientific Merit Paper Evaluation – See Details.
Throughout this course, you have learned about several research approaches in both qualitative and
quantitative methodology. Even though there are many ways in which researchers can solve research problems
with different research approaches and designs, there is one thing that all good scientific research has in
common: scientific merit.
At the beginning of the course, you were introduced to the concept of scientific merit. You learned that in order
for research to have scientific merit, it must achieve three things:
• It must contribute something new to the scientific knowledge base in the field. In order for research to
do this, a researcher must conduct a thorough literature review to identify a research problem. A
research problem is something that has not been addressed by previous research, and would be
meaningful to know. Often, the research problem is referred to as a gap in the literature.
• It must contribute to theory. Theories are the primary tools by which science organizes its
knowledge—the tools that allow the field to explain previous and current findings and predict future
ones. Research that has scientific merit can advance theories in several ways, including confirming,
extending, refuting, or proposing theories.
• It must meet the hallmarks of good research. This is the component that has been most emphasized in
this course as you have learned about the defining characteristics of the two methodologies and the
various approaches of both. But a researcher who has conducted high-quality research has only met this
criterion of scientific merit to the extent that the research design and procedures allowed the research
problem to be solved and the research questions to be answered. It is crucial to remember that the
purpose of research is to solve a research problem by investigating something that has not been
previously researched; that is, to fill the gap in the literature. Research methods are simply tools that
researchers use to do this. When researchers effectively use research methods to solve a research
problem, then we can say that the research has met the hallmarks of good research.
As a professional, you will be called upon to use research findings in the psychological literature. In order to do
this, you will be responsible for evaluating the scientific merit of the research that produced those findings.
While most research published in peer-reviewed journals can be trusted to have good scientific merit, it can be
risky not to evaluate research for yourself, especially research findings most pertinent to your work and career.
This course has given you the opportunity to learn how to do this for yourself, should you ever plan to do your
own research in the future. It has provided you with the necessary background regarding how to plan research
that has good scientific merit.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Discuss hallmarks of good research.
2. Distinguish three dimensions of scientific merit.
3. Apply principles of scientific merit to chosen research study.
Scientific Merit – STUDIES
Leedy and Ormrod text to complete the following:
• Review the “What Is Research” section of Chapter 1, “The Nature and Tools of Research,” pages 3–7.
This review will put the details of research methods you have learned in the class into a larger
• Review the Scientific Merit Presentation transcript piece. This will refresh your knowledge on
scientific merit to help you address this unit’s assignment.
SCIENTIFIC MERIT PAPER
Scientific Merit Paper Scoring Guide.
• Evaluates the scientific merit of the article by analyzing how the research advances the scientific knowledge base.
• Evaluates the scientific merit of the article by analyzing how the research contributes to research theory and the
field of study.
• Evaluates the scientific merit of the article by analyzing the scientific methods.
• Analyzes the validity and reliability of a selected research study and elaborates on how it contributes to scientific
• Analyzes the effectiveness of strategies selected for addressing ethical concerns in the design of a research study.
• Communicates in a manner that is completely scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for
members of the identified field of study, and uses APA style and formatting with few or no errors.
APA Style and Format.
Persistent Links and DOIs.
Using the research study you selected and attached, along with the course assignments for which
you deconstructed your research study, write a scientific merit paper. In your paper, address the following:
• Evaluate how a research study advances the scientific knowledge base of an identified field of study.
• Evaluate how a specific research study contributes to research theory and the field of study.
• Evaluate how the scientific methods of inquiry are applied to a specific research study.
• Evaluate the validity and reliability of a selected research study.
• Assess strategies for addressing ethical concerns in the design of a research study.
• Apply the terminology of research.
• Demonstrate both the depth and the breadth of your understanding of scientific research and
scientific merit by including relevant examples and supporting evidence.
scientific merit by including relevant examples and supporting evidence.
• The paper should be 10–12 pages long, not counting references, block quotes, or title page. Neither
an abstract nor table of content is required, and would not count in the paper length.
• Minimum of seven scholarly resources. It is expected that one of these resources will be the study you
selected for the Unit 2 assignment, and another will be the required textbook for the course, by
Leedy and Ormrod.
• Use APA style and formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing
throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings,
proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, and no bullets.
• Include the permalink to your article on the title page of your paper.
Refer to the project description and the assignment scoring guide to make sure you meet the requirements
of this assignment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more